CRITERIA FOR JUDGING:
CHOREOGRAPHY: 40% (concepts and dance arrangement)
ORIGINALITY: 20% (incorporation unique and original/creative moves)
PERFORMANCE: 30% (entertainment value/staging, spacing formations and level/changes, synchronization, execution, showmanship and variety of routines).
Audience Impact: 10% (crowd appeal/reception)
1st Place – Php 20,000.00
2nd Place – Php 12,000.00
3rd Place – Php 7,000.00
- Each group must perform a routine using at least one (1) HIP HOP and RNB or mixed songs, minimum of three (3) minutes and maximum of five (5) minutes.
- Each group must compose 7 to 10 male and female members, between 10 to 35 years old.
- Amateur groups are entitled to join the contest. Those with professional contracts are not eligible to join.
- The participating group must submit the following:
1.) Fully accomplished application form (Download Application Form Here)
2.) Accomplished Waiver & Release of Liability Form
3.) Audio CD or routine
- Twenty (20) groups will be selected from the audition that will complete for the elimination round and ten (10) groups will advance to the Grand Finals. Selection will be based on the group with the highest scores.
- Non-winning groups will receive consolation prizes.
- For the Grand Finals, the three (3) groups with the highest scores will be declared as winners: (1st Place, 2nd Place and 3rd Place respectively) And will perform on the last day of the 12th World Bazaar Festival at Christmas Art & Dance Fever on December 23, 2012. See poster below:
PERFORMANCE AND STAGE RULES:
- Crew’s dance routine should have the look, posture, groove and Woobie attitude in the dance floor.
- No vulgarity, obscenity and explicit contents allowed.
- Attire may include accessories such as hats, scarves, caps, gloves, jewelry, etc. Removing pieces of clothing during the performance is permitted provided it is not offensice or out of character.
- Each group may choose to dance different routines at the Elimination Round and Grand Finals provided that the dance routine is still in accordance with the rules of the contest.
- Performace order will be determined by the event organizer via drawing of lots.
- Props are permitted in the contest provided that it will be reasonably light, and not over sized or out of the performance area.
- Sharp objects like knives, spears, intoxicating fumes, oil and inflammable materials and fireworks are not allowed to avoid accident during the performace. Violation of this rule shall mean disqualification of the group.
- Each group must furnish their own audio CD containing the music they will be using. CD must be cued and ready to play. Back up CD is strongly recommended.
Registration Fee: Php150.00
Deadline of Submission of Entry: Novemmber 9, 2012
The Audition will be onNovember 16, 2012, Friday at the Dance and Arts Academy at Unit B Mezzanine GA Tower 1 EDSA cor. Boni Avenue Mandaluyong City. For more inquiries, look for Ms. Jane Panteleon or call at (032) 532-6350; 534-1334; 534-1332 or email at email@example.com
SCHEDULE OF ELIMINATION ROUND AND GRAND FINALS:
The Elimination Round will be on December 10, 2012 at the World Trade Center and the Grand Finals will be on December 17, 2012.
THE DECISION OF THE BOARD OF JUDGES SHALL BE FINAL AND UNAPPELABLE.